Monday 29 July 2013

A break, some sun and my talented friends

LoveBox 2013 

It's been a while since we settled down in front of the laptop with a steaming cup of tea surrounded by notepads and French design catalogues (rock and roll). During a Twitter chat a few weeks ago someone told me about the "5 month curse" and it rattled me a little. I was told that it takes approximately 5 months before your nerves/commitment/effort and enthusiasm start to quiver and you decide to stop blogging/writing/creating.

I was sure that I wouldn't be one of those to cave under the pressure despite what life was throwing our way or let myself drift but much to my disappointment, life threw us some curve balls  rocks and the blog took a hit at exactly 5 Months old.

It was a conversation with two good friends at my best friend's beautifully sunny Birthday BBQ this weekend that made me feel excited about blogging again. As I spoke to my talented teacher friend about her starting a blog I found myself describing all the reasons why it makes me smile. Never because I feel like anyone out there would want to hear what I have to say but simply that I love putting pen to paper and fingers to keys.

There are a lot of big changes happening soon and whilst those may not feature here amongst the photos of Danish furniture and heavily filtered photos of our cat (did we mention we have a cat?), they will be there grumbling away in the background reminding us that sometimes having people you love around you is far more important than lovely things.

When life throws you lemons...

And now for the exciting part of this post - to introduce one of the people who made me smile this weekend. I suggest you put the kettle on, settle yourself down with your laptop/phone/cat and enjoy the witty dialogue and hilarious prose in her very first blog post. After nearly 12 years of friendship she still makes me laugh so much I'm nearly sick. (The highest of compliments!)





Bebe Armitage - Teacher/Dieter/Singleton


My beautiful, talented, honest, brave and funny friend who enjoys a beer as much as a book - the perfect date!

This isn't her but it very nearly could be! Read her brand-spanking-new blog here

2 comments:

  1. Ah, J. What a lovely return! Not only did your compliments bring a little tear to my eye, your blog made me feel jealous- can you make mine look as nice please?

    And I'm glad you've made it past the five month mark- I'm not ready for the tales of JJ and Jim to finish. Love you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well I've got someone to encourage me and I'll do the dame for you!

      Your blog looks really good but let's have a cup of tea soon as now I won't be the only one becoming and HTML geek!! Can't wait to read more Ms A. x

      Delete