Tuesday 23 April 2013

A Vintage Fayre and an Italian lunch

Leigh on Sea.
Photo courtesy of C2Conline
On Saturday Jim and I took a leisurely trip to Leigh-on-Sea (that's South East Essex) with my Mum in search of Vintage treats at the Vintage and Handmade Fayre. I'd not been before and was really hoping to see some local artists and maybe find some jewellery. I wasn't dissapointed! It was an eclectic mix of vintage clothes and accessories as well as some great jewellery, designers, artists and best of all 3 lovely ladies selling enormous cupcakes.

The boyfriend was a good sport and ambled patiently behind my Mum and I as we hovered over the jewellery and vintage hats and ummed and ahhed over the most beautiful art deco tea set. He was one of only about 4 men there but I think the promise of cake at the finish line was keeping the majority of them going. Day trip with the future Mother in law (sans a ring) = 50 boyfriend points!

I picked out this lovely little piece from a local jewellery maker who's business card I lost on the way home, nightmare!



She makes silver plated jewellery (perfect for those with nickel allergies!), key rings and lockets which are really feminine and delicate and caught my eye mainly because of the flower in my favourite colour

We're still on the hunt for more prints and paintings for the house and at the fair (Fayre) discovered a local photographer, Clarissa Debenham of Film Free Photography who produces block photo art with pictures of Southend-on-Sea and Leigh-on-Sea that capture our favourite locals spots (in the sunshine which is a rare sight!)

The print in it's packaging - I thought it might be like wrapping paper or sleeping bags in that once I took it out it will never go back in again!


It won't mean much to those who don't know the area but for each square Jim and I have an amazing memory of good, bad, fun, drunk and teenage times which I really love and can't wait to frame and hang somewhere in the house.

It has given me inspiration to do one ourselves of our first year in the house. I wish I'd taken more photos when we moved in but naturally we were too busy living it to document it!

The boyfriend enjoying his double espresso from a polka dot tea cup! You can take the boy out of the city...
Note: the hot chocolate menu. When there are that many options it can only be a good thing! 

Our little seaside trip was topped off with a visit to a scrummy little Italian deli called "Milly's Deli" in Old Leigh. It's tiny inside and stacked to the ceiling with Italian goodies and freshly baked cakes. We grabbed seats in the conservatory and with the sunshine streaming in our our backs we had an injection of Vitamin D after all this miserable weather. I have to make reference to the lovely lady who served us because she was a s sunny as the conservatory. Hurrah for better weather; it's doing us all the world of good!

Roll on the next weekend!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin - a new addition for HSH and a welcomed one I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment